About Cornelia Bollier
Cornelia Bollier is a certified Lomilomi therapist, Lomilomi trainer and co-director of AlohaSpirit.
What fascinates you about Hawai'i?
The people, the nature, the mythology, the dance and the Hawaiians philosophy of life. I can apply all of this in my daily life. It helps me to express myself and to be authentic.
What do you want to achieve through Lomilomi therapy?
For me, it is about releasing tension, relieving pain and stress, and encouraging people's flexibility. In addition, I want to accompany them into their power, strengthen them and give them a new perspective.
In your opinion, what makes Lomilomi different from a classical massage?
In Lomilomi we always work from the heart, with Aloha. This means that I take part in the life and the current situation of the people who come to me. I feel with them, I care for them. It is not only about their body but about the whole person.
When you receive Lomilomi therapy yourself, what do you experience?
I am touched gently and powerfully at the same time. I can relieve muscular tension; my flexibility is improved and I become aware of myself and my body. After the massage, I feel balanced and connected to my power. I experience Lomilomi as a blessing for body, mind and consciousness.
What brought you into contact with Lomilomi?
I used to live in Australia, where I ran a restaurant and a winery. Here I received several unrelated references to Hawai'i and Lomilomi massage. I took these signs seriously and began to explore the islands and their fascinating culture. It was a decision that changed my life.
- OdA KT „Tronc Commun KomplementärTherapie", 2020 to 2021
- Opening of the Lokahi practice in Meilen, 2021
- AlohaSpirit co-leader, since 2019
- Training in formative psychology/1st year module, Center for Form and Transformation (Zentrum für Form und Wandlung) in Zurich, 2019
- One-year seminar in stress management, Center for Form and Transformation (Zentrum für Form und Wandlung) in Zurich, 2018
- Training as a certified Lomilomi teacher / AlohaSpirit & Kumu Dane Kaohelani Silva, 2017
- Regular stays in Hawai'i since 2015
- Training as a certified Lomilomi practitioner, AlohaSpirit, 2015
- Training as a certified classical massage therapist, European Institute of Esalen Massage, Zurich, 2012
- Training in basic medicine, European Institute of Esalen Massage, Zurich, 2012
- Training as a certified Esalen practitioner, European Institute of Esalen Massage, Zurich, 2011
- Training as a certified Ka Huna Bodywork practitioner, Mettes Institute, Australia, 2009