Training Lomilomi Therapy
Module 2 / Massage skills back
May 10 - 11, 2024
The Module 2 Workshop builds on the content from Module 1. The focus is on the back of the body. The course provides you with deeper anatomical knowledge, enabling you to perform a Lomilomi full body massage successfully and in the Hawai'i tradition. We will focus on individual muscles, practice specific techniques as well as connection and flow of movements. The workshop will be conducted with a maximum of 16 people. To learn the massage techniques, you will practice on participants; in return, you will get the chance to lie down and experience what the massage feels like.
- Upon completion of the workshop, you are able to work specifically on muscles, joints and Lomilomi-Points.
- You can explain the mechanisms of the treatment and the techniques used.
- Using the spine as an analogy, you can make initial connections between Hawaiian and Western approaches.
- Advanced concepts of Hawaiian culture and philosophy of life are familiar to you.
- Basic knowledge of hula dance, Hawaiian chanting (singing) and Ho'omana exercises are familiar to you.
- You are familiar with the connections and the flow of movements on the back of the body.
- You know the AlohaSpirit code of ethics.
Good to know
Successful completion of Module 1 at AlohaSpirit
- Target group:
All those who have attended our Lomilomi Basics Workshop and would like to continue the training.
4 days; 32 hours of class in total; course confirmation included
German, with Italian/English translation if needed
CHF 990.– incl. documentation
Alderstrasse 28, 8008 Zurich
Meals: Lunch is spent together, Hawaiian style. Everyone brings a vegetarian or vegan dish for the potluck.
Schedule: The workshop will be held with a maximum of 16 participants. In order to learn the massage techniques, you will practice on participants; in return, you will get the chance to lie down and experience how the massage feels. In addition, you will gain insight into Hawaiian culture through in-depth exposure to hula, song, and theoretical knowledge. This knowledge is part of the Lomilomi diploma training.
AlohaSpirit is the only Lomilomi school in Europe that is recognized by the Association Lomilomi Hawai'i.
All our courses meet the requirements of EMR and ASCA. Whether a course is recognized as further education for your registered method, however, is determined exclusively by EMR or ASCA.