Training Lomilomi Therapy
Module 3 / Massage skills front
June 14 - 15, 2024
The Module 3 workshop is based on the content of Module 1; the focus is on the front of the body. The course will provide you with additional techniques, joint mobilizations, and anatomical knowledge to perform Lomilomi therapy professionally, successfully and in the Hawai'i tradition.
- After completing the workshop, you are able to work specifically on muscles, joints and Lomilomi-Points.
- You can explain the mechanisms of the treatment and the techniques used.
- Using the large joints as an analogy, you will be able to make initial connections between Hawaiian and Western approaches.
- Advanced concepts of Hawaiian culture and philosophy of life are familiar to you.
- You have a deeper knowledge of hula dance, Hawaiian chanting and Ho'mana exercises.
- You can use body mechanics in your work.
- You have experienced how divers touch can be and how you can influence the kind and quality of touch.
Good to know
Successful completion ofModule 1 at AlohaSpirit
- Target group:
All those who have attended our Lomilomi Basics Workshop and would like to continue the training.
German, with Italian/English translation if needed
4 days; 32 hours of classes in total; course confirmation included
CHF 990.– incl. documentation
Alderstrasse 28, 8008 Zürich
Meals: Lunch is spent together, Hawaiian style. Everyone brings a vegetarian or vegan dish for the potluck.
Schedule: The workshop will be held with a maximum of 16 participants. In order to learn the massage techniques, you will practice on participants; in return, you will get the chance to lie down and experience how the massage feels. In addition, you will gain insight into Hawaiian culture through in-depth exposure to hula, song, and theoretical knowledge. This knowledge is part of the Lomilomi diploma training.
AlohaSpirit is the only Lomilomi school in Europe that is recognized by the Association Lomilomi Hawai'i.
All our courses meet the requirements of EMR and ASCA. Whether a course is recognized as further education for your registered method, however, is determined exclusively by EMR or ASCA.