About Piera Marongiu
Piera is a certified Lomilomi therapist, training assistant and scientific advisor of AlohaSpirit
What fascinates you about Hawai'i?
This is what is Hawai’i to me:
Hawai’i is that remote island that brings me every day closer to my roots, another island in the Mediterranean Sea (Sardinia). It is a fascinating cultural treasure that we discover through different healing arts: Lomilomi, Hula, Lua, medicinal plants, Ho’oponopono and all other practices. It is a natural gem, where biodiversity flourishes. A place where Nature is intense and strong, wise and mysterious. And it is lived and shared ALOHA.
What do you want to achieve through Lomilomi therapy?
With the Lomilomi therapy, I’d like to give an impulse to the client’s wish of wellbeing. My clients report benefits that express themselves in a variety of ways: calm the mind, awaken the senses, ground, elevate the spirit, balance the immune response, give clarity and focus, reconnect with itself and the body, deeper and restful sleep, better digestion, reduced or elimination of pains and complaints, increased flexibility, reduced menopause and menstrual cycle symptoms, improved social skills, regulation of the autonomous nervous system…amongst others.
In your opinion, what makes Lomilomi different from a classical massage?
First and foremost, it is to take a holistic approach following the Hawaiian culture and practices. It is the traditional wisdom around health combined with the current scientific evidences. It is the quality of touch, where warmth, strength and precision catalyze the path to self-healing. It is being grounded and connected with my genealogy and aligned to an intention of the best outcome for the client.
When you receive Lomilomi therapy yourself, what do you experience?
I feel refreshed, grounded and strong. I feel a deeper awareness and that my senses are sharpened. I feel more flexible, creative, optimist, hopeful and more social. My mind becomes calmer and clearer, with heightened focus and improved cognitive functions. I can (finally) have a deep and restful sleep, better digestion, fresh skin. I feel I am part of nature and of the Whole.
What brought you into contact with Lomilomi?
As I moved into Switzerland in 2010 I knew that I wanted to learn massage therapy. I felt there was a world to discover through my hands.
I came across Lomilomi offerings, which I never had heard of before. Therefore, my curiosity brought me to the house of Hawaiian healing arts: AlohaSpirit.
Already my first phone call with Noëlle Delaquis made me clear that I was entering a special space. And my first treatment with her was a life experience, it gave me strength, refined my senses and gave me clarity. A few days after I joined the Ho’oponopono workshop with Kumu Keala Ching. It was August 2011… and since then AlohaSpirit is one of my homes.
- Erfahrungs Medizinisches Register (EMR) Certification, Lomilomi Therapy No. 50, 2022
- Oda KT education "Tronc Commun Complementary Therapy", 2021
- Swiss Foundation for Complementary Medicine (ASCA) recognition, Lomilomi Therapy No. 271, 2019
- Practice AlohaSpirit Zurich, since 2019
- Own Lomilomi practice in Zurich, since 2018
- Assistant for training and further education at AlohaSpirit in Meilen, since 2013
- Lectures and workshops at AlohaSpirit in Meilen; since 2018
- Lōkahi Lomilomi courses with Kumu Dane Kaohelani Silva in Hilo, Hawai'i; 2015 - 2019
- Regular workshops with Kumu Keala Ching in Self-Ho'oponopono, Hula and 'Ōlelo (Hawaiian language and values), since 2011
- Hawaiian Lomilomi and cultural protocols with Kumu R. Haunani Hopkins, 2018
- Kua Lua Hawaiian back walking with Kumu Jeana Iwalani Naluai, 2014 and 2018
- Lomilomi basics and advanced lomi core techniques with Kumu Jeana Iwalani Naluai, 2015
- Kahuna bodywork with Ho'okahi Tamara, 2015
- Fundamentals of Medicine, 350 h; Biomedica, 2014
- Massaggio Antistress, Dr. Giovanni Leanti Larosa, 2013
- Training as a certified Lomilomi Practitioner, AlohaSpirit, 2012
- Research and clinical practice as neuropsychologist in Padova and Ferrara, Italy; 2000 - 2001
- MS degree in general and experimental psychology, 2000